Workshop on Update of Pacific Northwest Portion of the U.S. National Seismic Hazard Maps
The USGS is convening a workshop on the updating of the Pacific Northwest portion of the U.S. National Seismic Hazard Maps in Seattle on March 21-22 at UW South Campus Center. There is no registration cost but food and coffee will cost $20.00 per person. This workshop will lead to revisions in the seismic hazard maps which will lead to modifications in code standards so it is important to get broad participation in these discussions.
Here is a list of topics we will discuss:
1. Recurrence models and rupture geometries for great earthquakes on the Cascadia subduction zone
2. New information on crustal faults in Washington and Oregon from geologic mapping, paleoseismology, and geophysics
3. Crustal deformation models using GPS
4. New information about deep intraslab earthquakes
5. Ground-motion prediction equations for great subduction zone earthquakes, intraslab earthquakes, and crustal earthquakes
A agenda can be found here.
To register for the workshop go to: